Tuesday, September 18, 2007

OD on OJ …

Today's Buzz ...

** tonight on Anderson Cooper 360°:


** From last night's program: OK – it’s a little early to be making that kind of pronouncement, but I sense a disturbing trend to this latest criminal saga. I’m still not sure I understand why this story warranted about 45 minutes on 360° last night ... other than the “breaking news” about a third suspect being arrested, I didn’t learn anything new. If someone else did, please feel free to share ...

And Jeff Toobin once again makes a statement that I bristle at – not that he’s wrong (per se), nor can I disagree with it, but it aggravates me to no end. He kept commenting on OJ’s “charm” and “charisma” ... and OJ has the network of friends that (unfortunately) supports that statement. And it’s still beyond my comprehension. Many times, when you see a certain person – sometimes a celebrity – isn’t there a particular descriptive word or two that instant pops into your mind? Well, for me, whenever anyone refers to OJ Simpson – that word is “murderer”. I can’t help it. I still remember waking up on the night of Sunday, June 12, 1994, right at the end of the local 11:00 PM news and hearing the “breaking” report of a possible murder at the home of Nicole Brown Simpson – and having a very bad feeling about whatever had happened.

I’m glad that Anderson interviewed Daniel Petrocelli last night. He has worked so hard for so long to seek some semblance of justice within this mess. And while I disagree with the Goldman family’s decision to publish “If I Did It”, I’m glad that Kim Goldman was interviewed as well.

Anyway ... moving on ... I hope that 360° stays with the plan of updating the McCann story tonight. Especially since Randi Kaye has been working so diligently to gather the latest information – she had a segment shown on AM this morning as well.

Also – I wanted to give a “plug” for the Jack Cafferty special that airs tomorrow night – an hour long version of the Cafferty File segments that he does on The Situation Room each weekday. I like Jack for telling it like it is – there simply isn’t enough of that and there should be so much more. I would much rather see an hour of Jack every night instead of Campbell Brown, but that’s IMHO. I’m also looking forward to reading his new book. You can check out more info about tomorrow’s program here.

Thanks for visiting ... and thank you to everyone who has sent me good wishes about the blog ... updates will be posted as needed ... have a terrific day!





Update # 1

If I had a shred of artistic talent, I could create caricatures as good as this one - courtesy of SuBee and posted at Flickr - you can link to her caricature slideshow (she has one posted of Larry King also) here:

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the blog. Intelligent conversation about AC, 360 and the news, sounds fantastic. Too bad CNN doesn't get it. You're right Daniel Petrocelli's segment was great. And Jeff was right OJ does have charm and charisma and that's exactly why he is able to get away with most of the stuff he has. That said, the media is at fault for giving more than one segment to the guy.

Jennifer said...

I think it's good that Jack Cafferty has his own show. I'll be looking forward to it - it should be intresting. In my book Jack Cafferty is a good reporter he does things in a unique way that is what makes his reporting so interesting.

With Madeleine Mc Cann. I like to know what's going on with the case. Everytime I watch and hear on TV about a child that's missing it breaks my heart.

Last night - OJ Simpson a lot of people don't like it. I know all news has to be covered whether it's good or bad and even it's scum bag like OJ Simpson.

It was good to see Anderson back in New York last night. I wonder when he will be reporting from Atlanta again.

I want to think Anderson for going to Iraq last week for us. I know it's not easy for him to do that, but I appreiciate it. He's a excellent reporter.

Stardust said...

I did not watch 360 again tonight. I could not see myself wasting another moment of my life on the stupid escapades of this horrible person no matter how much I like Anderson. I have more self respect than that.

Stardust said...

First, I want to compliment you on your beautiful blog layout. Everything is here, I don't have to go to any of those other Anderson blogs (except 360) to get the information on Anderson and 360 that I need. I hope you will keep this blog free of the nastiness that I have seen on the other blogs.

I did not watch 360 tonight again because I could not see myself wasting another minute listening to anything about Simpson's stupid little escapade, no matter how much I like Anderson. I hope that 360 will soon return to covering more important reports like Alan Greenspan's new book, Admiral Fallon's feud with General Petraeus, and the appointment of the new Attorney General Michael Mukasey.

Jennifer said...

Tonight's 360 - again it's all about OJ Simpson.

I want it understood. I don't like OJ Simpson, but I think in this case he was set up by Thomas Riccio. Their is a lot of people that would pay Ricco a lot of money to set him up reason being is for money and revenge.

I hope that OJ Simpson stays in jail - if nothing else because of what he did in 94, he needs to be in jail for life. This is just my opinion.

newsblooz said...

@Grace and @Stardust - thanks so much! Glad you like the blog. I guess all the years at the Yahoo group helped me to get this started at "full speed" right from the start! Hopefully it'll grow into a similar participation level in the near future too! :-)