Monday, September 17, 2007

WELCOME!!!

And thank you for taking the time to check out this blog! You’ve found the “blog version” of the AC 360° Yahoo group. But what does that mean?

As the AC 360° group owner, I’m thinking of this as a “progressive experiment” – an attempt to duplicate the respectful, positive environment of the group – within the ever-expanding blogosphere.

Just as a quick reference point – the Yahoo group will remain completely intact, and we’ll continue to discuss what’s making headlines, focusing on stories covered on AC 360° each night. Among other interesting topics thrown in for variety! So let’s get started ...

About the blog ...

There are two “real time” newsfeeds on the sidebar – one for the official AC 360° blog, and a second one for the CNN.com homepage. These feeds automatically update, and you can access both sites directly from the sidebar by clicking on the displayed headlines.

Make sure you vote in the current poll – also found on the sidebar ...

If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, etc. – you can e-mail me by clicking on the “newsblooz” link at the bottom of the sidebar. I know that Yahoo group members are used to seeing the name “chifan9” , but this will help me keep blog e-mail separate from group e-mail ...


Today’s Buzz ...

** Tonight on Anderson Cooper 360°:


"How much O.J. is too much?"

You're kidding, right?? How about ANY??? And I do wish that it would either be ignored, or reduced to the minimum allotment of time that it deserves. I can already hear a number of TV's being turned off later tonight; you can read the AC 360° blog entry at CNN from the sidebar - or click here.

** Check out the new Fox series called “K-Ville”; it’s about two cops navigating their way through a challenging post-Katrina New Orleans. Meaning that it’s set in current time ... sounds interesting ... check your local listings for time and channel.

** Tomorrow (Tuesday, September 18th) – Anderson will be honored at the Mickey Leland Humanitarian Achievement Award Luncheon. The award is presented by the National Association for Multi-Ethnicity in Communications (NAMIC), and Anderson is being recognized for demonstrating a commitment to advancing the causes and concerns of people of color. IMHO – a well-deserved moment in the spotlight ...

** There are a few AC memorabilia items up for auction on eBay; yes, it’s been awhile since I’ve run any charity auctions – but if you’re looking for some rare pieces to add to your collection, take a look and help support the ACORN program – which is assisting low and moderate-income New Orleans residents return home and rebuild their communities. You can find the listings through an “Anderson Cooper” search at eBay, or follow these links to auction #1, auction #2, auction #3, auction #4, auction #5 and auction #6.

** One more note about last week’s programs from Iraq – all of the reports were extremely memorable, but the two that will stay with me for quite awhile are Michael Ware’s story about burying unclaimed dead bodies (and why many of them can’t be claimed), and Gary Tuchman’s story about children being treated for war-related injuries in Balad. Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum ... and I also wanted to comment about how powerful images can be – I’ve always wished that somehow the “invention” of photography could have occurred long before it actually did – to preserve even more permanent records of the historic events that took place so long ago. Anyway – back to current reality – here are the two from this series that will stay with me:


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tonight's show was changed from the McCann's to the OJ case.

Tonight's Show
More than a decade later, he's back behind bars. But will he stay there this time? The OJ Simpson saga -- and all the angles, tonight 10 ET.

newsblooz said...

Thanks - I've changed the program preview graphic. I have a bad feeling that tonight may be just the beginning of another "saga".

Jennifer said...

With this OJ Simpson thing, I have to grit my teeth and make it though. I'm surprise they are having it on 360 tonight, but I will be watching.

I will blog about it on this page.

Anonymous said...

I haven't had CNN on since early this morning but my guess is it's OJ and more OJ. Am I right?

Unknown said...

Great blog layout! I'm going to be visiting here often, that's for sure. Go you!

There is a lot of grumbling on the AC blog about the sudden switch in topic from the McCanns to OJ. I left a comment myself, and hope that it shows up...as a member of AC360's international audience, I find it hard to appreciate all the fuss about OJ.

I get the tabloid significance, but it's not "the fascinating, the unexpected and the underreported" (quoted from the AC360 home page) kind of thing that ought to be on the program.

Jennifer said...

@ Northweston, you are right they talked about OJ Simpson all day long on CNN. I got a feeling is going to go on for a while.

From what I'd heard it's going to be on Larry King Live tonight. so that means is going to be on all the CNN shows.

Jennifer said...

OJ Simpson was a great football star. He fell from grace years ago when he killed 2 people, I hope they throw the book at him. I also hope the judge is smart enough not to let him go this time with a slap on the wrist and if it does go to trail, I hope the jury is smarter this time than they were before.