Sunday, September 23, 2007

Weekly Wrap-Up

The Week's Wrap-Up Buzz ...

From Friday’s AC 360°: It was disappointing, but not totally surprising, to see a report that there was some backlash to the previous day’s rallies for the Jena 6. A noose has absolutely no place anywhere – and it’s not a “prank” – ever. I hope that the belief that civil rights must be protected isn’t deterred by those who – and I’m being very diplomatic here – hold an opposite viewpoint. We, as a society, simply can’t allow regression back into a time of “tolerated” discrimination. I don’t remember who coined this phrase, but it’s one that I find myself referring to more and more these days:

“Mistakes forgotten are mistakes repeated”

And as for the Jeffs trial, I think I commented on Thursday that I didn’t think there would be a conviction, and after Friday’s report from Gary Tuchman, I’m more certain of that outcome. What a travesty that’ll be.




And what’s the deal with Rudy Giuliani answering a call from his wife during his NRA speech? I think I’m with Soledad O’Brien (who was filling in once again) – it was ‘staged’, although I’d never be able to figure out why? First, it’s just plain rude. And second, as Chris Matthews asked on his weekend show, “Who’s in charge here – Judith or Rudy?” And as a quick aside, Chris also welcomed back Andrew Sullivan as a panelist (yay!) and congratulated him on his recent wedding, as we also did at the AC360° Yahoo group a few weeks ago!


These are my favorite screen caps from this week:


DA BEARS!!


And ... “Hello, Mr. Mayor? Tom Foreman here. You do realize that you’ve just dissed a room full of guys with guns, right?”


SCREEN CAPTION CONTEST!!!


This is my favorite pic from this past week – if you can come up with a winner of a caption, post it on the blog (or you can e-mail it to me directly) - before next weekend – and if it’s extraordinarily funny or witty, I’ll send you a copy of the "25 Hours" Daily News insert from April 2005 with the article entitled, "In The Office with Anderson Cooper":


And – speaking of 25 Hours – if anyone reading the blog is the winner of any of the AC charity auctions from last week – congratulations! And thank you, thank you, thank you - the auctions went much better than I expected – and you’ve helped to support the ACORN Recovery Program in New Orleans!

Just one very quick "OT-type" note - about Thursday night's "Colbert Report" - for those who saw it - will you ever be able to look at a jar of mayonnaise the same way again?? AND - "Barry Whiter"??? Are you serious??? It's all more fun than should be allowed ...

Thanks for visiting – updates will be posted as needed – have a great “rest of the weekend” (or beginning of the week, depending on when you're reading this)!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Andrew Sullivan.. here are couple of links to blog entries from him and some more wedding pics.

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2007/09/the-wedding-pic.html

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2007/09/i-did.html

newsblooz said...

@northweston - thanks for the links - appreciate it!

Jennifer said...

@ Newsblooz: Thanks for keeping us up-to-date. I like the screen caps my best part of the 360 show of the week. Where Erica and Anderson they was talking about entainment stars and so on.

When they was talking about makeovers. Erica ask Anderson is he going to get a blonde wig and boobs, I thought that was really funny, I can tell that Anderson don't like Hollywood! He made watching the news of OJ Simpson varible.

Hope to see Anderson back tomorrow night on 360.

In other news, I hope and pray that Warren Jeffs get prison time he never sees the light of day.

Other news: Toys from China just found out over the weeekend - 2 kids died from baby beds that China made sent to the U.S. Something needs to be done about the imports from China, but I feel helpless is out of my hands.

I say shame on the people that can do something about it and aren't.

Anonymous said...

I loved the wedding pictures and his blog entry " I did" really touched me. Being from Canada where same sex marriage is legal I sometimes forget how controversial and difficult it is in the US.

Jennifer said...

I think that Anderson should get a big fat check from the makers of "TheraFlu" he promoted the product better then any commercial could have. LOL :)

In the commercial Anderson will say. Just a little bit of TheraFlu will do you - MMMMMM.... TheraFlu. Anderson at his anchor chair saying that.

Another is, I can take just that much more of OJ Simpson - and that's it.