Monday, September 24, 2007

Quick News & Notes for a Monday ...

Today’s Buzz ...

** Tonight on Anderson Cooper 360°:


** OT (sort of) ... Campbell Brown's new program to debut in February ...

When it was first announced that CNN would be debuting Campbell Brown's new show in the 8:00 PM ET time slot in November, and then she'd be off on maternity leave for six weeks starting in December, it seemed a bit odd to me.

So now we have word that her show won't debut until February (timing is everything!), and that "Out in the Open" with Rick Sanchez will continue until that time.

I still somehow don't have a sense that this will end up being a long-term "win" for CNN ... obviously, NBC didn't think that she'd fit in even during a FOURTH hour of Today, so I don't understand what her appeal is for a primetime audience? With all due respect, haven't we been through this scenario before? (Reference: Katie Couric ...) We'll see ... you can read about it here.

** I know that the next YouTube Debate isn’t until November 28th, but time flies ... have you submitted a video question yet? And remember – NO SNOWMEN!! Mitt Romney doesn’t like snowmen. I don’t know what Governor Romney has against snowmen ... but seriously, in one regard – the factoids that you uncover about a candidate through this process are sometimes unsettling, snowmen-phobia notwithstanding, but then again, you want to know them before you cast your vote, right? Because it’s much more important to know that most of the Republican candidates (including Romney) initially tried to weasel out of this debate, citing “scheduling conflicts”, but also - possibly (??) - because they’d have to answer questions directly from constituents who may or may not be supporters – or contributors. Things that you go hmmm ...

However, according to our (highly unscientific) poll question from last week – it’s not going to matter much – as everyone who voted thought that the Democratic nominee will win the 2008 Presidential election!

Thanks for visiting ... updates posted as needed ... have a terrific day!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think Anderson did a great job on the last YouTube debate. It was informative and a good way for the candidates to answer and respond to the questions, Its a interesting way to get know the candidates.

Mitt Romney is a little scare of snowmen LOL :-) Is for the (contest picture).

I heard today on "The Situation Room" that Jack Cafferty book, Is going to be on the New York Times best sellers list.

Wolf Blitzer and Ellen DeGeneres finally connect - together at last. Ellen said that she's a Wolf Blitzer of daytime. She had a drawing she said it looks like him, but NOT!!!!! they decided to be on each others shows.

The president got mad the other day and was going to give someone a peace of his mind - until the first lady reminded him he didn't have, but a little he could spare. That's the only funny comment that I can come up with go alone with the picture, I think of more later.

Jennifer said...

I can think of something else funny to go along with the picture. Anderson said I came this close to dying my hair until I found out the hospital were overflowing with women having panic attacks, so I decided not to.

It end up in the worldwide news saying, NO Anderson don't dye your hair it looks good just like it is. Their are no more room in the hospital cause they are overflowing with women patients.

Jennifer said...

I forgot to mention. Jeffrey Toobin has a new book out "The Nine" I believe that is going to be a good book interesting reading.

If anyone went to the book signing of Anderson Cooper and Jeffrey Toobin, I like to hear about it. If you have pictures, I love to see them.

Jennifer said...

I heard that CNN wins a Emmy for the election night coverage.

Jennifer said...

Reba McEntire was on Larry King Live. She has a new album out called " The Duets" their's a lot of good singers on their. While on Larry King she got a suprise phone call from Faith Hill, they talked about something that happen with a fan while Faith and her husband Tim McGraw was in concert together. Suppose to be on YouTube shows exactly what happen.

They had a special for Reba about a week ago with a lot of singers I watch it, it happen to be very good in my opinion. I meet a few of the singers before. I know a lot of people doesn't care for country music, but the singers that, I have meet are very nice.

Jennifer said...

Warren Jeffs update:

The jury out on the Warren Jeffs case - should be back in tommorow with the verdict. As I have said so many times, I hope this jury locks him up and he never sees the light of day again.