Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Debate Fever ....


I even heard a radio ad this morning for tonight’s YouTube debate – on a station that never carries CNN ads ...

There are so many peripheral reasons to watch tonight’s debate ... other than to find out what the candidate’s positions are ... because that certainly won’t come to light ... and it won’t be for lack of a solid attempt to try ... remember that these are politicians ...

I have no genuine reason to watch any Republican debate, as I would never vote for any of the candidates (except under threat of AC 360° cancellation, of course!) – J/K – but I have two reasons (OK – three) to watch tonight. First, I want to see how they react to having to answer questions from people (or possibly some ‘non-humans’, according to David Bohrman) that aren’t necessarily supporters or even fellow Republicans. Second, I want to see how far they continue down the path of party implosion. Rudy sniping at Mitt. Mitt sniping at Fred. Fred taking a nap. And so on, and so on ...

BTW – when did the Republicans turn into Democrats? (See 'sniping' above)

Oh yeah – reason # 3 – well, that should be fairly obvious ...


There's a video available at CNN.com where correspondent Melissa Long and technical manager Steve Dolce give a quick (3:08) tour of the stage, camera and control room set-ups in St. Petersburg for tonight's debate – check it out if you have a few spare ‘pre-debate’ moments!!!

1 comment:

Stardust said...

Poor Anderson, he will have his hands full tonight!

I agree with you; I can’t wait to see the sparks fly! My only hopes are that Anderson keeps them on topic, makes sure they answer yes or no questions with a yes or no, and forces them to adhere to the time limits. I have confidence that he will do his best.

Also, I am hoping Anderson gives Ron Paul the opportunity to mix it up a little tonight. I can’t wait to see what he does!

It will be interesting to see how this You Tube debate compares with the earlier one. I don’t think the GOP candidates are comfortable with tonight’s unique format.