Friday, October 26, 2007

If you missed “Planet in Peril” …

Today's Buzz ...


You have additional chances to watch it both tonight and throughout this weekend – here’s the list of current air times (EST) – subject to change due to breaking news (wildfire or otherwise):


FRIDAY 10/26
Part 1: 9 - 11pm
Part 2: 12 midnight - 2am

SATURDAY 10/27
Part 1: 7 - 9pm
Part 2: 10pm - 12 midnight

SUNDAY 10/28
Part 1: 7 - 9pm
Part 2: 10pm - 12 midnight

If you haven’t already done so, you can download it from iTunes (listed in the TV section) or pre-order the DVD from Amazon – it’ll be released on November 7th.

While you’re at the Amazon site, you may also want to pre-order the upcoming “Best of The Colbert Report” DVD to be released on November 6th. I mention this not only as a Colbert Nation citizen (and aren’t we all, really?), but I understand that Anderson’s first appearance back in December 2005 is included on this DVD. That’s not a guarantee, as I have no “insider” info, and I’d buy the DVD anyway, but there you have it ...

BTW – and apologies to the Canadian readers because I’m about to link to two more AOL videos that you may not be able to view – but there are a couple of “teaser” clips available for this DVD – the first one has a montage of scenes, and the second one shows Stephen holding the video backwards and upside down – you just have to watch it to understand ...

I think I’m a little worn out with writing about the California wildfires – which was about 95% of what was covered on AC360° last night. I’m worn out because it’s also the topic on all local news and the topic of discussion at work, at home, and just about everywhere else ... although I do say that with a twinge of guilt, as it’s not meant to downplay the horrendous toll that this devastation has had on so many families.

I did enjoy the time that was spent on arson investigation, though. It’s a fascinating forensic topic, because your natural inclination is to think that all evidence gets destroyed in the fire, right? WRONG. The demonstration shown to Anderson by Cal Fire Chief Doug Lannon proved that there’s always some level of evidence to investigate. And I was pleased to hear that the reward being offered for information about the Silverado Canyon fire has been raised to $250,000. That should get some positive results.

(Another) BTW – I do have to say that while I think all the reporters have done a terrific job, I’ve really enjoyed the reporting from Rick Sanchez. He hasn’t been ‘over-the-top’ – and he’s been very concerned and compassionate with those victims that he’s encountered. He also must be very pleased with the Georgia State Supreme Court ruling this morning about the release of Genarlow Wilson from prison – it’s a story that he’s followed and advocated on behalf of for quite some time.

Anyway - I think this is one instance where pictures speak louder than any written words could convey, so here are caps from last night:












A few other quick notes:

Andrew Sullivan is a guest on ‘Real Time with Bill Maher’ this week ... I hope he’s on the panel – Andrew is one of the few conservatives I can tolerate. And I hope that there are no more ‘security breaches’. I was kind of curious as to how last week’s protester got a poster into the studio. The last time I was there for a taping, they were very strict about what you could (and couldn’t) bring in with you ...

Also – as a ‘Planet in Peril’ continuance of getting out the message about the pro-active efforts to take action about the damage that we are causing to our environment, there is a special tab located on the ‘Impact Your World’ site at CNN.com – where you can get further information. It helps to keep you in a positive frame of mind, in case you encounter a sense of helplessness that one can feel after viewing such a complex film ...

There’s also a tab at the Impact site where you can donate to the victims of the California wildfires ... not to sound like I’m ‘pushing’ for the ‘home team’ or anything, but not everyone in California owns a million dollar home and drives a Mercedes ...





Well, since Planet in Peril is being rerun tonight, I’ll probably take a couple of days off from writing. Perhaps to gather some thoughts for upcoming topics. There’ve been some promos running on CNN for their upcoming “Heroes” celebration on December 6th (mark your calendars) – Anderson is hosting, and here's a 'pic panel' that I put together from the ads:


Thanks for visiting – updates posted (if needed) – have a terrific weekend!!!

4 comments:

ac said...

HI there,
I had wrote to you before about not being able to see the PIP videos over at AOL.
Yet I could watch the Stephen Colbert ones when I tried them!
Why will some of the AOL ones work,yet not others?

Anonymous said...

Thanks, those Colbert videos are priceless! I think I need to pre-order it!

newsblooz said...

@Anne - check your e-mail - I just sent an attachment with some technical instructions that I received from AOL Help. Not sure if it will actually help, as they also once again said that some videos have licensing restrictions, so some can be seen in Canada, and others can't! :-(

newsblooz said...

@tink - yes, I think it's worth the relatively few dollars involved. There aren't many satirists as sharp as Mr. Colbert! :-)