Friday, October 12, 2007

"Planet in Peril" update ... Friday, 10/12/07

I'll probably be posting a number of these updates over the next couple of weeks ... and I'll do so GLADLY ... many thanks (once again) to "bon jour" over at the AC360 Yahoo group for the AOL link to PIP "outtakes" - who knew they all were comedians as well? ;-)

But also - on the same page - are links to a 20 minute excerpt from the documentary, as well as a terrific audio slide show narrated by Executive Producer Charlie Moore, Producer Maryanne Fox and Photographer Neil Hallsworth - it's WELL worth the time to check out all of the links.

AND - for those of us who like "visuals" - here are some additions for your PIP "stash" - from the audio slide show:









4 comments:

ac said...

Hi there,
this is my first posting to your new site!I am a member of your companion AC 360 site.I love the PIP articles and pics.
I have been trying to view the slideshow and 20 min.excerpt on the link you posted.When I click on it says ''video not available in your area''.I am in Canada,so I tried AOL CANADA as well,but the same thing happened!
I would love to see these videos,are they available some other way,because I cannot access them at all on AOL.
Do you have any suggestions?I have an AIM account on AOL Canada,and was just wondering why it won't work for me,because I would love to save them to my computer for further viewing.
Thanks!

newsblooz said...

@anne - hello, thank you and welcome!! I'm a little stumped at the moment regarding your question, so I've asked someone else in Canada about any trouble accessing those links. I also have an AOL account with AIM and can send you the link that way - and maybe you could access it from e-mail instead of from the blog? I don't know if it would make any difference, but I certainly don't mind sending it. If you want to e-mail me and let me know where to send it, you can click on the link on the sidebar. Otherwise, I'll see what else I can do to figure this out! :-)

Stardust said...

Newsblooz: You’re welcome! Sorry I didn’t have time to scroll down to see the other videos listed. I was on my way out the door to go see "Elizabeth" and I overlooked it. Glad you didn’t!!

Beautiful caps! Thanks!

newsblooz said...

@anne - I wanted to make sure I got this posted ...

According to AOL, due to content license restrictions, their videos can be accessed only by those with US IP addresses. And it makes no difference if you have an AOL account or not. So it doesn't affect just Canada, but everyone outside the US. They also don't have a 'firm' time frame as to when they'll be able to provide international access.

I am SO sorry about this ... :-( I don't understand how they would even begin a service like this, and not make it available internationally - this is suppose to be AOL, after all!!!

Anyway - not the answer I wanted to be able to give, but there it is ... :-(